Author Topic: Snodhurst Bottom in Walderslade  (Read 1347 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Snodhurst Bottom in Walderslade
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 07:11:03 PM »
Hi and welcome along. The 2010 messages you're after are on the old Forum, which sadly no longer exists. Hopefully, someone will be able to answer your question, otherwise, the only thing I an suggest would be a trawl through pages from the old Forum on the Internet Archive. This can be a bit hit and miss, but worth a try if all else fails.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

sjb222gir

Snodhurst Bottom in Walderslade
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 07:06:11 PM »

Hi there

I joined the forum earlier this week. I was born in Chatham, went to school in Strood and Rochester, and have lived in Gillingham for many years – so am quite focused on the Medway Towns.
I was hoping to be able to access some 2010 messages on the forum, which I last viewed in 2011. However, I realise now that these can no longer be viewed. The members who were exchanging messages at the time included MOK, donna packer, scintilla, Chatham_Girl85 and numanfan, and maybe they are still around.
What I am interested in is a terrible accident at Snodhurst Bottom in Walderslade that happened in August 1907 on William Jarrett Auger’s farm. A little girl on a Sunday School outing was killed when a shotgun went off. The tragedy was reported in what I believe was the Chatham News on 17 and 24 August, and excerpts from these editions were pasted into one of numanfan’s emails.
Hopefully I will eventually be able to access these stories at Medway Archives, but I was wondering if anyone could throw any light on the event in the meantime.

Regards
sjb222gir