Author Topic: 100 Today  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Colin walsh

Re: 100 Today
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2020, 03:45:54 AM »
Explanation please?meaning of the Red Cross :- remove logo not come across it before,apologies to all you technocrats out there,but it gos under the name "simple machine "I qualify as simple .so please enlighten me📢

Offline Colin walsh

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2020, 03:32:03 AM »
Mike,a bilated happy birthday,you made the ton old son😎Well done ,more than I ever did on my triumph tiger cub.

Offline jimawilliams

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2020, 12:26:43 AM »
"Thx for your greetings. As a young lad I spent time in Yallourn, Victoria. Which part do you come from jimawilliams?"We live in SE Queensland and I grew up in Wainscott.[/font]We drove through Yallourn in 2018 on our way to Walhalla an historic gold mining town.[/font] [/font]
See[/font]https://www.visitmelbourne.com/regions/gippsland/things-to-do/tours/walking-tours/walhalla-long-tunnel-extended-gold-mine[/font]
Some beautiful bush in that area, see image taken on our trip..  When you were in Australia the areas NE of Yallourn had small villages, maybe 4 or 5 buildings remaining from the gold mining era.  These have since been destroyed by both bush fire and termites; the bush has regrown leaving very little evidence of the industry.[/font] [/font]Congratulations once again for reaching your centenary milestone.[/font]

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 10:35:42 PM »
Hi Mike.  I'm just trying to catch up on a bit of a backlog of posts, so may I add my belated best wishes too.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 05:37:57 PM »
Belated happy birthday from me too. Congratulations!

Thank you sir! < Pulling at the front of his hair >

;)

Don't call me sir, I work for a living  ;D
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 05:37:12 PM »
On the old Forum, Lyn L used to be the birthday monitor. Lyn, fancy a job?  ;D
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 04:39:51 PM »
Definitely (hic) didn't get them (hic)

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 03:51:36 PM »
Belated happy birthday from me too. Congratulations!

Thank you sir! < Pulling at the front of his hair >

;)
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 03:50:17 PM »
Congratulations on your 100th birthday, happy birthday Mike, all the way from Australia :)

Thx for your greetings. As a young lad I spent time in Yallourn, Victoria. Which part do you come from jimawilliams?

regards
Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 02:49:58 PM »
Still haven't got my drinks >:(

Have you checked your " safe place " that you said to leave them? I do hope you are not pretending that you haven't received them Smiffy?

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »
Still haven't got my drinks >:(

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 01:20:45 PM »
Well enjoying the drinks you sent Mike  ;D .
I am gathering a  new Gt Grandson due end of August  to go with his bigger sisters. The one today that was coming is Grandaughter  who is coming up for 3, so I'm missing the chatter she has now , the Gts live quite close by so it's window waves. And no idea when I'll get to see the one who lives in Dublin ? I do get lovely facetime chats with her though. Thank goodness for technology.

Like many people we have discovered the joy of Zoom calls. It helps to see them. I am sure you will see the Dublin grandchild soon. To be sure, to be sure!  ( I like Dublin worked there many times ) To be sure!

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »
Well enjoying the drinks you sent Mike  ;D .
I am gathering a  new Gt Grandson due end of August  to go with his bigger sisters. The one today that was coming is Grandaughter  who is coming up for 3, so I'm missing the chatter she has now , the Gts live quite close by so it's window waves. And no idea when I'll get to see the one who lives in Dublin ? I do get lovely facetime chats with her though. Thank goodness for technology.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »
You gotta love this forum  ;D 

All these have made me smile over the last couple of days. My son and family were coming today garden visit only of course, but because it's very chilly and we are expecting showers  they will come next weekend instead. I haven't seen them or my little Grandaughter since Christmas, but we are all well and safe.
You have all cheered me up  big THANKS x

Lyn

sorry your family meeting is off. It is tough. I didn't see my grandchildren for 10 weeks-very difficult. But we all came out the other side. Glad we cheered you up a little and pleased I am a little it useful.  Have a good day. Hope you are enjoying the drinks I sent round.

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »
You gotta love this forum  ;D 

All these have made me smile over the last couple of days. My son and family were coming today garden visit only of course, but because it's very chilly and we are expecting showers  they will come next weekend instead. I haven't seen them or my little Grandaughter since Christmas, but we are all well and safe.
You have all cheered me up  big THANKS x