Author Topic: What about information on the old Kent History Forum site  (Read 10950 times)

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
Re: What about information on the old Kent History Forum site
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »
I believe there are concerns over copyright.  If you take an extended piece of work (such as one of BligeRat's ship articles) you can't just copy it over without permission.  If the original author is a member of the new forum, they can copy it (since they are the copyright holder), but where the original author is no longer active then the information may indeed be lost.

JohnH

What about information on the old Kent History Forum site
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »
Perhaps it is because I have poor computer literacy, but I really have no idea how to get information transferred from the old Kent History Forum site to the new.  There is much of interest, particularly relating to railways, buses and maritime matters which will be lost if someone does not come up with a way of transferring these parts of the old site on to the present site.  And the latest issue of "Invicta" (the journal of the South Eastern and Chatham Railway Society) refers to historic items on Kent History Forum regarding the former SECR.  Is all this material just to be allowed to be summarily lost?  Somebody please do something about it!