Travel and Transport > Buses

Trams in Gillingham

(1/5) > >>

Dave Smith:
Thanks Pete. It was certainly not as reasonable as that, or we would have gone in. Lutonman. I hope the younger KHF's read your second paragraph?

pete.mason:
£8 adults, £19 go as often as you like for a year

Dave Smith:
Lutonman. Yes Crich is a great tram museum We went when it first opened but more recently -2000?-were in that area & thought we'd re-visit but SO expensive for pensioners( £30+ each I think), so didn't.

Lutonman:
Thanks Dave Smith, I was too young to see local trams, just saw them at Blackpool and a museum at Crich in Derbyshire  Crich Tramway Village - A great day out for all the family.

Too old now to ask my Dad he's long gone but he would have been on trams going down to the dockyard. Remember working with my teams in Military road Chatham digging on the gas mains and finding tram tracks.

Dave Smith:
Thanks Lutonman. The thing that adds credence to my memory is that it was an open top tram. And I didn't know that the only trams in Gillingham were open top, until this topic was started. Sometimes they used to have special days to celebrate the end of an era before everything is dismantled. I wonder? My Dad would have been keen on that but, as always, we never ask our parents things of interest until they've gone! So all you younger KHF members, remember that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version