Author Topic: New Topics  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Alastair

New Topics
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 12:49:40 PM »
Well said, Lyn. Come on Stuart, let's have a Funnies thread or we'll use this one instead. I'm a poet and didn't know it!

Offline Lyn L

Re: New Topics
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 07:39:56 PM »
Oh we do need Funnies back.... please Stuart  ;D

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 06:45:28 PM »
I like it - I like it - I like it - Dave !

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 06:31:03 PM »
Alastair. I'm afraid I don't remember what the heading was & have been all down the new list without success. Collin x, from Sheerness was a regular contributor before passing on. With the easing of the lockdown, I decided to go to McDonalds for a burger. Arriving to sit on the next table, an old couple bought a burger. He carefully cut it in two & ate his half. Passing it over to his wife, she then ate her half. I thought, poor pensioners can't afford two, so feeling magnanimous, I said to the wife that I'd buy them one each. She replied, thank you but we always share everything. The husband then bought a plate of chips, carefully counted out two equal portions & ate his, passing the others to his wife. So I again said, please let me buy you a portion each but the wife said no, they were fine and always shared everything. When she had finished her portion, the husband went and bought a desert, brought it back, carefully divided it into two and ate his half. He then passed it over to his wife, who just sat there looking at it. After a while, I said to the wife, excuse me but why are you waiting before eating your portion of desert. She replied, teeth! 

Offline Alastair

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »
They were, indeed, Martin. Fortunately their shows are still being repeated. Proper comedians, not like the modern lot.
This doesn't get very far in my quest for a thread for Funnies and Archaeology. Separately, of course. On the other hand.....

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 08:14:00 PM »
A pair of comedic genii, sadly missed.

Offline CAT

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 07:32:40 PM »
Atrocious pun MartinR. That one was straight from the Two Ronnies, I think? ;)
No offence taken.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »
No Alastair, it was directed at CAT - and meant humorously after that atrocious pun.

Offline Alastair

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 12:14:17 PM »
Am I the foul fiend, Martin and do you want me gone or just barred?

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »
Be gone, foul fiend as the bard would put it. ;)

Offline CAT

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 01:26:26 PM »
Good job he has survived, as I feel there was not mushroom for the other two in her affections?  :-\

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 10:57:37 AM »
Alastair. There certainly used to be a "Funnies" thread, to which I've often contributed . My neighbour called me in on Saturday morning to show me his train set. We sat chatting for a while & he mentioned that he was the third husband of his wife. I asked what happened to the first one & he replied that he'd died from eating poisoned mushrooms. So I asked about the second one & he told me he died because he wouldn't eat the mushrooms!

Offline Alastair

New Topics
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 12:07:00 PM »
There seems to be no thread for Archaeology or for Funnies. Is it worth starting them?
Alastair