Author Topic: New members  (Read 5117 times)

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
Re: New members
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 07:17:58 PM »
Nice to have you aboard Davpot, Your pub hosted the last ever social meet of the old Forum where we had a good evening although you were unable to be with us. :)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »
Hi Davpott and welcome along. I used to be Bilgerat on the old Forum. Are you still running the pub in Faversham?
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline davpott

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 05:17:05 PM »
Hi, a former member of the old forum.
I was searching for a topic which I knew the old forum had covered and discovered the 'new' forum and subscribed to what will hopefully be as resourceful and interesting as the old one.
 I've met a few members of the old forum over the years( including Kyn).
 Good luck with the new forum. It is such a shame that all of the shared knowledge of the old forum has now been lost. While I understand her need to get away from administrating the old forum.  I am very surprised that it has now 'vanished' along with many hundreds of generally well researched posts . 

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 06:30:25 AM »
I had a purge recently of members who had registered over 300 days ago but had then never logged on since. That will explain the drop in member numbers.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 11:15:50 PM »
Am I seeing things in the stats or have the number of members actually gone down?

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 12:31:15 PM »

Welcome to our newest member -- Natasha Boardman - Steer

This section seems to have lapped a little, I only found it by `digging`in the previous pages.

This is a good idea. Perhaps new members could introduce themselves here. They would also have a contact name if they needed form advice/help.

and soooooo...........welcome to new member Natasha Boardman-Steer.

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 09:37:45 AM »

Welcome to our newest member -- Natasha Boardman - Steer

This section seems to have lapped a little, I only found it by `digging`in the previous pages.

Offline John Walker

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 10:24:00 PM »
I have just joined having been informed of the demise of the old group.  Thanks to John Walker for informing me.  I used to take part in the Guess the Place Quiz but not being that mobile and living in Kent within the M25, my sources of material were difficult to obtain.  I actually created my own SMF Kent Forum, mainly for a similar quiz, for a few friends but after a year the site got hacked so I had to abandon it.  I also appreciate the amount of effort that Admins have to do to keep it up-to-date and they have my admiration.

Good to see you on here Bob.  :)

John

Offline BobH

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 03:37:10 PM »
I have just joined having been informed of the demise of the old group.  Thanks to John Walker for informing me.  I used to take part in the Guess the Place Quiz but not being that mobile and living in Kent within the M25, my sources of material were difficult to obtain.  I actually created my own SMF Kent Forum, mainly for a similar quiz, for a few friends but after a year the site got hacked so I had to abandon it.  I also appreciate the amount of effort that Admins have to do to keep it up-to-date and they have my admiration.

Offline Invicta Alec

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »
Hi Alec and Fred and everyone else. Born and bred in Rochester in Feb. 1944. Left the towns for Australia in '72 but did return for 2 years in '77. Back to Oz and apart from a short visit in 1989 haven't been back since.
But I still like reading about what's happening back "home". :)
AlanTH.

Offline mmitch

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »

Offline Invicta Alec

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:50:34 AM »
Hello Alec and Fred, I'm Alan from Perth in Western Australia. :)
AlanTH.

Hi Alan. Are you a Kent lad?

Alec.

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:15:08 AM »
Hello Alec and Fred, I'm Alan from Perth in Western Australia. :)
AlanTH.

Offline Invicta Alec

New members
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:17:23 PM »
Slowly but surely the membership count is creeping up. The latest total is 97, so maybe a celebratory glass should be raised when the 100 milestone is passed shortly!

Oddly though, only 25 members have made posts.  :-X 

C'mon all you newbies with a zero count - get your first point on the board and at least reply to this by saying "Hi all, I'm Fred from wherever".

Alec.