Author Topic: Harley Davidson  (Read 1336 times)

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
Re: Harley Davidson
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 11:39:35 AM »
Nice sight to see. The only bike I had was an ex WD despatch riders 350 cc Aerial with Girder Forks. It really held the road well so I didn't bother spending £12-10 shillings on a telly set conversion from Pride and Shark. The only time I had a problem was the oil pipe to the rockers split on the way to Margate and smothered the lass on the back's white jeans leg with black oil. Solder repaired it, but cost me a new pair of jeans and the brush off. Bought the bike from a mate for £12.00 and sold it a couple of years later for £15.00. When I bought it there was a spare gear box labeled up for side car use. The bloke that bought it was so chuffed as he was going to fit a side car.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Harley Davidson
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 09:18:48 AM »
Seen in Rochester- a wartime Harley Davidson motor bike - I was immacutate outside the old `North Forland `pub this week.
It looked like the old 1000cc bike - in the colour of Khaki - with pannier bags - not over the back wheels - but under the petrol tank,
& front wheels. - the only chrome was the handle bar & headlight. I learnt to ride a motor bike - on a Hartley 1000cc - by a policeman.