Leisure, Sport and Entertainment > Retail

Featherstones Memories Project - 351 High Street Rochester

(1/3) > >>

Natasha Steer:
@castle261 I am afraid I was also told the scaffolding was coming down last week. I am only involved in community engagement relating to heritage and not the development side at all I am afraid. Definitely worth complaining to Medway Council. I really do hope everything is removed soon.

castle261:
Thank you Stuart - I thought I would give Natasha Steer -  a chance to answer - first - then the council.
I dont use facebook.

stuartwaters:
Castle261, have you complained to Medway Council about this? This kind of long-term streetworks has to have a permit from the Highways Authority. If the works are making the street or footpath unsafe in any way, the Council has the power to order them to make the necessary changes.

castle261:
We are now into April / May & the footpath is still CLOSED - On the shutter it says ` work completed
on the outside` - until later in the year. As I observe through the open shutter door - only a few
staging poles are in the footpath. I would suggest the door be moved - to over the footpath - another
cut the Rochester end, the staging `Can` be moved into the courtyard & secured with chains.
Then we can have a few months - of not dodging the fast traffic - Crossing the road FOUR times -
is MORE RISKY than walking along past the shutter - I Hope to see an improvement soon

Lyn L:
Nice to see the photo of the gates.
I worked in that building when it was the carpet dept back in 1975 . Only went upstairs on one occasion and was shown the chapel. We moved from Borstal that year and I was allowed to have use of the big van and driver to move to present address. Didn't stay much longer after that though, what do they say " New home, new baby "
Mr Ellender was the manager and my immediate manager was Muriel  ( how can I have forgotten her surname ?)
Lovely bunch of people I worked with .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version