Life Stories and Personal Memories > Personalities and Biographies

Will Adams "Shogun"

<< < (2/2)

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: grandarog on May 18, 2020, 12:04:29 PM ---I have just read a report that the Burial place of Will Adams has been found in Japan.
     An urn found on the island of Hirado near Nagasaki has been proven to contain his Ash,s.
     Although there is a Memorial to Will at Gillingham very little is taught about him in UK History.
    In Japan he is well known and his stoty is taught as part of their school curriculum.
    Events are planned in Japan to mark the 400th Anniversary of his death.They will include the unveiling of a Memorial Sculpture at the British Embassy in Tokio.

--- End quote ---

From a book, I did with Medway Council - the grave of Will Adams.

MartinR:
His grave has been known since he was buried, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor,_born_1564)#Death_and_family_legacy  What appears to be new is that bones from his grave have been positively identified as his.  Photograph of the grave marker taken from WikiCommons and attributed to "Robbot":

grandarog:
I have just read a report that the Burial place of Will Adams has been found in Japan.
     An urn found on the island of Hirado near Nagasaki has been proven to contain his Ash,s.
     Although there is a Memorial to Will at Gillingham very little is taught about him in UK History.
    In Japan he is well known and his stoty is taught as part of their school curriculum.
    Events are planned in Japan to mark the 400th Anniversary of his death.They will include the unveiling of a Memorial Sculpture at the British Embassy in Tokio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version