Author Topic: Tonge Mills, near Sittingbourne  (Read 2230 times)

bertroid

Re: Tonge Mills, near Sittingbourne
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 07:40:23 PM »

Thanks for that, bertroid.

In approximately 2010, I knocked on one of the doors on the attached photo and was made very welcome by the lady who answered and  offered me a cup of tea. After chatting for a while, she gave me the key to the church where I took some photos. Unfortunately, due to a serious illness that affected my memory I forgot her name.

Many thanks for reminding me!

They were a really lovely couple on both of my visits, and delighted to have someone interested in the history of their property.  Good example of a sympathetic owner, in that we are the mere keepers of history, and should be looking after buildings which will out-survive us. They were getting on a bit in 2010, and it would be lovely to know they are still around.

Offline Diapason

Re: Tonge Mills, near Sittingbourne
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 03:57:44 PM »

Thanks for that, bertroid.

In approximately 2010, I knocked on one of the doors on the attached photo and was made very welcome by the lady who answered and  offered me a cup of tea. After chatting for a while, she gave me the key to the church where I took some photos. Unfortunately, due to a serious illness that affected my memory I forgot her name.

Many thanks for reminding me!

bertroid

Tonge Mills, near Sittingbourne
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 08:06:07 PM »
Post deleted, so it can't be plagiarised (ironically)