Author Topic: Royal Flying Corps, Hythe  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Mike Gunnill

Re: Royal Flying Corps, Hythe
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »
I have read several accounts of Captain Stuart Tinne today, can offer no explanation, at present.

A relation claims it was a " German Agent ".

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 02:03:12 AM »
I have read several accounts of Captain Stuart Tinne today, can offer no explanation, at present.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 10:54:00 PM »
Ha Ha  :)
                 Got you in .in the end.
                 Welcome to the Forum Mike, good to have you. We look forward to your Contributions and Queries .
                 For the benefit of our Members ,Mike is a prolific researcher and contributor to Bygone Kent where he has had many articles published . Also he has several Journalistic awards for his efforts.
                 I am sure he will be an asset to the Forum . :)

Did you get the case of wine grandarog?

Thx

Mike

Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:35:22 PM »
Ha Ha  :)
                 Got you in .in the end.
                 Welcome to the Forum Mike, good to have you. We look forward to your Contributions and Queries .
                 For the benefit of our Members ,Mike is a prolific researcher and contributor to Bygone Kent where he has had many articles published . Also he has several Journalistic awards for his efforts.
                 I am sure he will be an asset to the Forum . :)

Offline Mike Gunnill

Royal Flying Corps, Hythe
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 07:57:23 PM »
Hello from me for the first time, thanks for letting me in! If you want to blame someone, it was a posh fellow from the other end of my village.

I am researching Captain Stuart Christian Tinne 1895-1918. He was attached to the Royal Flying Corps and just before his death, the photography section. His billet was the Hotel Imperial, now known I think as the Hythe Imperial Hotel. Does anyone know what the RFC were doing prior to March 1918? His relations say he was working on something called an 'invisible target'.

On the morning of March 1st Captain Tinne was found dead in his room. It may been connected to the work he was doing say relations. As always grateful for any comments and useful suggestions to help me with my quest.  In return, I am always willing to help and assist with other matters.

Many thx

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >