Author Topic: St. Margaret's Bank's Rochester.  (Read 12056 times)

KeithG

Re: St. Margaret's Bank's Rochester.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »
View along the Banks to the Railway Bridge...where the railings jut inwards are steps that went down to Men Toilets, i remember the steps being chunky and steep.

Lyn`s fish & chip shop is along this part No. 332 Henries Fish Restaurant.

KeithG

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 01:02:42 PM »
At No. 340....The Hare & Hounds Pub...My Dad and Stepmum had there Wedding Reception here on March 11th 1961 after getting married up at St Justus Church up the Tideway. The one that got blown down in the 1987 storm.

Picture is from a Pub Card i still have.

KeithG

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
Nice picture Smiffy...

Have a picture at the far end of the Banks......1885

After the 1960`s Parlour No. 346... I only ever once or twice went here in the early sixties but us scooter lads all congregated outside the Wimpy at the end of Globe Lane.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 09:29:12 AM »
Yes the sewing shop was there a long time. The last time I passed on a bus  ( mid March ) it was closed then. I think  had for sale signs in the window  but could well be wrong. But I have seen it open this year. I also seem to remember that they serviced my sewing machine back in the 80s. It's now very redundant and reclining in a cupboard  :P .

Offline Smiffy

St. Margaret's Bank's Rochester.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 11:11:53 PM »

Thought I'd start this off with a picture that I believe shows the Sewing machine shop discussed in the Dudley Studios thread.
Pretty sure I can see "CCB". Taken in the early '60s so if it's only just closed it must have been there quite some time.