Author Topic: Bluebell Hill  (Read 3396 times)

KeithG

Re: Bluebell Hill
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
Must of been back around 1955 I was just 7yrs and visited my Mums Sister up at York Road Rochester. I loved it up there as always fun in the Summer picking cherries off her tree.
We arrived and a couple of her daughters in bandages etc. their boyfriends still at the hospital... they had  car accident returning from Maidstone.
They were just approaching the fast first right hand bend at the bottom of the hill and they went off the road and bounced off a quite large tree and went over the edge... they ended up in Kits Coty House/Cottage garden right at the bottom.
They were lucky to still be alive.

Don't think they saw the ghost though?

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 01:00:45 AM »
That story of a girl, at the side of the road - is true - it is well documented - people called at
the police stations in Rochester & Maidstone - to reported it

Put ` bluebell Hill ` in with your cursor - dozens of people reported seeing the girl..

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 08:11:24 PM »
I remember being told a story of someone coming up Blue Bell Hill in the dead of night on their scooter, when suddenly in the headlight there appeared by the side of the road something that looked exactly as you describe. Being aware of the story, their hair was standing on end as they passed by the "body" before it became obvious, and much to their relief, that it was just a rolled up piece of old carpet! Come journeys end I suspect that a change of underpants may have been necessary. ;)

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »
My last train at Bromley was in, or so I thought, I jumped in, then read a paper. A station came
into view said ` Barming ` I was on the wrong train. I was a warm night, so I decided to walk
home to Chatham, all through the rubble of the Aylesford change over. Then up Bluebell Hill
I knew the story of the young girl, wrapped in a cloth on the side of the road. This would have
been about 1.30.am. I wondered if I would see anything. But I saw nothing. Home at 2.20. am.

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »
I think you have it Johnham well done.  Here is the GSV view.  How on earth did you get that?  I am very impressed.  Thanks also to Smiffy.

*** Additionally, my friend reckons  it may be 1952 or 53.

DTT

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:58:08 PM »
I think johnham may be right. If you go to Google maps and look down Robin Hood Lane from its junction with Maidstone Road, the house on the right of the photo looks like it might still be there.

johnham

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »
Robin Hood Lane?

Offline DaveTheTrain

Bluebell Hill
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 07:32:44 PM »
This photo had Bluebell Hill written on the back of it.  Not sure of the date.  The quality is rather poor as I could only take it on my phone, but thought I would share.  Not sure where on Bluebell Hill it is.
DTT