Author Topic: Guess the Place  (Read 1009103 times)

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
Re: Guess the Place
« Reply #3632 on: January 14, 2021, 08:14:14 PM »
One thing about those older cottages; did you notice that the wall of the front garden was part of the flood defences, hence the boards slotted in where the gates were.  They look very picturesque, but I wouldn't want to live there, I'd be scared of flooding when there is a tidal surge like earlier this week.  The new houses are all built up about 6'.

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3631 on: January 14, 2021, 07:58:51 PM »
Yes you have it JohnWalker, we were walking to Gillingham Riverside Park and back and passed this interesting house, would love to know a bit more about it. Just along from here the front gardens of some more houses are decorated with 'beach' and nautical themes as well.
Over to you  :)

Offline John Walker

« Reply #3630 on: January 14, 2021, 07:39:15 PM »
Just to the east of The Strand parallel with Waterside Lane?  Next to Medway Cruising Club overlooking the Medway.

51.39304999604902, 0.5695870791346836

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3629 on: January 14, 2021, 06:33:39 PM »
Time for some clues.
Mrs Stewie and myself went for a walk earlier this year and using our Ringo app to pay for our car parking, followed the course of a river passing a temporarily closed train station serving a recreational area which has been a popular attraction with families for many years. The building itself is not visible on street view, but took our attention and Mrs Stewie photographed it suggesting it could be used on GTP. 
Unfortunately , we do not know a lot about the building and was rather hoping someone else would!

The mystery building is located between a small boatyard and a small industrial estate.
There were some sunken barges nearby creating a breakwater or haven for the nearby boatyard.

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3628 on: January 14, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »
Horton Kirby?

Almost due East of here Lutonman.

pete.mason

« Reply #3627 on: January 14, 2021, 05:18:20 PM »
Sorry I have made a navigational error! The building is to the East of the river Darent 😮
Left is where your thumb is on the right, right is where your thumb is on the left!!

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #3626 on: January 14, 2021, 04:09:54 PM »
Horton Kirby?

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3625 on: January 14, 2021, 02:11:54 PM »
Sorry I have made a navigational error! The building is to the East of the river Darent 😮

pete.mason

« Reply #3624 on: January 14, 2021, 02:09:35 PM »
Slade Green/

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3623 on: January 14, 2021, 01:50:55 PM »
Time for some clues.
Mrs Stewie and myself went for a walk earlier this year and using our Ringo app to pay for our car parking, followed the course of a river passing a temporarily closed train station serving a recreational area which has been a popular attraction with families for many years. The building itself is not visible on street view, but took our attention and Mrs Stewie photographed it suggesting it could be used on GTP. 
Unfortunately , we do not know a lot about the building and was rather hoping someone else would!

The mystery building is located between a small boatyard and a small industrial estate.

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3622 on: January 14, 2021, 11:59:39 AM »
Because this may be a bit obscure, I will add some more info this afternoon to help 🤓👍

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3621 on: January 14, 2021, 11:47:38 AM »
Is it along the River Darent ?

A bit more to the West Johnwalker

Offline John Walker

« Reply #3620 on: January 14, 2021, 11:34:11 AM »
Is it along the River Darent ?

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3619 on: January 14, 2021, 09:03:16 AM »
Time for some clues.

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #3618 on: January 13, 2021, 07:06:57 PM »
Sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure where to get the grid references from.  Can you guide please.  I only use GSV.
Cheers
John

If you use google maps just click on the location or right click at the location and the reference appears