Author Topic: It is not him ?  (Read 2225 times)

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Re: It is not him ?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 10:00:51 AM »
Going back a few years, I & other people assembled outside this brand new store, in Chatham. We waited for the `Star` to arrive to `open `it.
A car arrived then out stepped, our ` Ernie ` with his short hairy legs. He was alone now, this partner had died.
He was one half of Morecambe & Wise, he joked in front of the crowd, before entering the building. This would have been the 1984 era.
The store ` Debenhams ` resently closed.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
It is not him ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 10:36:43 AM »
A little light relief.
While visiting the post office in Bromley, with my lady friend, she grabbed my sleeve ` that`s -------- over there` she said ?
I left off writing, then turned to look. ` `Nothing like him ` I said. I knew she was right, so I finished my writing then went
over to him held out my hand, he shook it ` Hello George ` I said, then introduced him to my lady friend.

It was. Brian Murphy, soon a crowd surrounded us wanting to shake his hand too. I made the mistake of calling him `George `
as that is the one he uses when playing `George Roper ` in ` Man about the house `. Bromley was his home town then.
Brian was a very shy man, nothing like ` George Roper `. Both Brian & my lady friend were born with in five miles of each
other, on the I.O.W.