Members Only Area > General Discussion

Happy New Year

<< < (2/3) > >>

stuartwaters:

--- Quote from: MartinR on January 01, 2023, 10:19:11 PM ---Well Stuart, my hopes and plans for the coming year are really quite simple.  Now that I've had my heart op, try to regain some fitness.  Following on from that, get out to my poor yacht which has been swinging at her moorings sadly neglected.  I've got about 50% of a history of the individual bells at the Cathedral, and the inscriptions thereon, written - I must try and finish that.  Most importantly of the lot though, try to keep this damn cancer at bay and try and make three score years and ten!  And then there's the half built lyre which I need to finish and learn to play, and I really ought to get back to practising the recorder.  I'll try and fit in some history somewhere" ;)

--- End quote ---

MartinR, glad to read that you're on the mend. I'd be very interested to read about the bells at Rochester so I'm looking forward to that. I'd also be interested to read about your adventures on your yacht. The reason I bought a caravan rather than a boat is because my wife doesn't do boats or ships at all. Probably a good thing really because if I had a sailing boat, she'd never see me and we'd probably be divorced by now.

Lutonman:
Happy New year to you all. It is good that a small number us have managed to keep together and particular thanks to Stuart for keeping the forum going despite his other duties.

Must try harder to post this year.

MartinR:
Well Stuart, my hopes and plans for the coming year are really quite simple.  Now that I've had my heart op, try to regain some fitness.  Following on from that, get out to my poor yacht which has been swinging at her moorings sadly neglected.  I've got about 50% of a history of the individual bells at the Cathedral, and the inscriptions thereon, written - I must try and finish that.  Most importantly of the lot though, try to keep this damn cancer at bay and try and make three score years and ten!  And then there's the half built lyre which I need to finish and learn to play, and I really ought to get back to practising the recorder.  I'll try and fit in some history somewhere" ;)

Lyn L:
A late Happy New Year  to you all and hope for a more peaceful one 

de Mol:
Wishing a Happy New Year to all from Germany :) @ Stuart.Thank you for your committment and dedication !
Martin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version