Maritime History > Maritime incidents, disasters and shipwrecks

TID 97 and her loss in Chatham Dockyard

(1/3) > >>

shoot999:

--- Quote from: grandarog on July 29, 2021, 04:09:25 PM ---Shoot999 The info came from a 93 page Document on the webb with no one to credit too or copyrite detail.

--- End quote ---

Not sure its the same but I got hold of a list through the job and its on here as Chatham Dockyard  Dockings 1951-1983 if anyone is interested. Quite a nice memory jogger  of when I was on various vessels during the 60s and 70s.

castle261:
I was a dockyard crane driver / stoker too.  I recall - no navy personal - that I remember +
I would have noticed - if the Tug had different colours - from all the other tugs - Good topic thou !
shoot999

grandarog:
Shoot999 The info came from a 93 page Document on the webb with no one to credit too or copyrite detail.

shoot999:

--- Quote from: castle261 on July 29, 2021, 11:40:45 AM --- shoot999 - Look at the grandarog log - Emulous in No 4 dock at Chatham in 1954 /1955.

--- End quote ---

I did. Which confirms it was not HMS Emulous as that vessel had departed Chatham by that time, but Emulous (ex Empire Spruce) which was serving at Chatham during that period as a civilian manned harbour tug.

And unless I'm mistaken the grandarog info is from the doc I supplied that covered refits and dockings at Chatham.

And just to confirm, when you went to relieve the man in question you were a civilian?

castle261:
 shoot999 - Look at the grandarog log - Emulous in No 4 dock at Chatham in 1954 /1955.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version