Industry > Water Supply and Sewage

Water Supply and Sewage?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Smiffy:
When you've been cleaning out sewers, have you ever disturbed any bilgerats? ;)

stuartwaters:
I'm based at the Medway depot and have one of the brand new Scania supersuckers, a 6-wheeler. Brilliant piece of kit. And no, I don't wear a tricorn hat, carry a brace of pistols or wave a dagger  ;D

MartinR:
See https://www.kenthistoryforum.com/index.php?topic=438.msg3783#msg3783 where pumping air or water into No 2 basin is discussed.

Colin walsh:
Thinking about sewer systems,wich I was not till I read the titilating story of things underground below.wonder how many among our learned brethren are aware of the extensive sewer and water systems that lay below the old dockyard,all of the dry dock facilities had tunnel fed pumping systems ,obviously to empty same,the old saw mills had a system to facilitate the movment of bulk timber
Allso the mast pond had an underground system,plus a domestic system built during the construction of the yard,wonder if thay just been abandoned or are still in use today.i know one system emptying  directly into the Medway had a large iron tidal door fitted,probably all filled in and sealed now.

Hodge:
This happened sometime between 2006 and 2008. Sorry I can't be more specific, I used to be at a different depot every week and you know how the days/months/years all blur into one! As my work now takes me to the big yellow tanker depot in Medway and to the one in Ashford, I'll keep an eye out for you. You'll be easy to spot if you look like your avatar....  ;D

Lyn L - your comment made me chuckle, but as the pork pies were unwrapped I'm guessing that the doll was vegetarian!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version