Aviation History > Aircraft Factories and manufacturers

Reginald Wells seaplanes

(1/15) > >>

stuartwaters:
Mike, what you've put on here so far is great, thank you. Totally understand the reasons for not going further.  ;D

Mike Gunnill:
Update on Reginald Fairfax Wells.

This original post of mine was highjacked a little. After trying for some months I finally made contact with a Wells relation. He provided a letter from a son of Reginald Wells. who was actually in the picture proving the exact date of the photograph.  My date was roughly correct. The contact with the Wells family, has also enabled me to develop the material providing such a factual insight. I have also found the son, of an eye witness who saw the test flights in Otterham Creek and again could confirm the dates of those.  To those who helped, many thanks I am grateful.  I can't go any further at present, prior to publication.

Mike Gunnill

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: stuartwaters on July 08, 2020, 09:41:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mike Gunnill on July 08, 2020, 07:32:22 PM ---I found the correct and original slipway for the seaplane testing along Otterham Creek today. Also reconfirmed the story of test days, dates and hours. Someone had kept a written record of tests, which I saw today. A good day.
Onwards.
Grateful if this detail wasn't posted on other web sites, like https://www.pprune.org If this continues I will stop posting pictures and details,  until after publications.
Many thx.
Mike

--- End quote ---

Mike, if I can stop this from happening, I will. As I've said elsewhere, copyright on this forum belongs with the author and if a picture you own has been posted elsewhere without your consent, that's a breach of copyright. I've been a victim of this myself, so I know how it feels.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Stuart and I am glad you knows how this feels.  It seems my details and information has been used on another site to get those members interested in my thread. My info is also, it seems as 'barter' to others on this other site.  With information taken from this site, a message thread was placed on another site under the name < Kent Based > Appealing for help and assistance from members on a thread currently running on this forum.  The images are my copyright with assistance of a museum in Lincolnshire. The site quoted on flickr is my site. As an ex photographer of over 50 years I have always claimed copyright on my images and images I have created. Technically as you know, all postings on this site are the copyright of the person who posts them. More than anything, I do not like this "harvesting" of my information.

I register a protest here and i have spoken to the other web site as well. In future I will not post in such an open manner anymore. This is a great shame because it helps other members as well as providing important feedback for myself.

There now has been a great deal of nonsense posted on this topic. I view the use of my images on another site as a breach of copyright on a thread asking for assistance  by a member of this forum after reading my topic.  I will not personally post on this topic again as I think it is  damaging my research and work. To other members, reading this and hanging " dirty-washing in public", I am very sorry. It all comes down to standards, this has dropped below my standard line.

Thank you to Stuart and other members who have sent me, personal messages. As one senior member here said, this could become a " Windmill Situation ".

Cosmo Smallpiece:
If it adds any clarity, the images on PPRUNE appear to have been posted by a "Megan". They quote the images as coming from this site  https://www.flickr.com/photos/upchurch-village/page1

So not taken from this site, but from somewhere else that Mike had uploaded them.

For further clarification, I am not Megan, and don't know them.

stuartwaters:

--- Quote from: Mike Gunnill on July 08, 2020, 07:32:22 PM ---I found the correct and original slipway for the seaplane testing along Otterham Creek today. Also reconfirmed the story of test days, dates and hours. Someone had kept a written record of tests, which I saw today. A good day.
Onwards.
Grateful if this detail wasn't posted on other web sites, like https://www.pprune.org If this continues I will stop posting pictures and details,  until after publications.
Many thx.
Mike

--- End quote ---

Mike, if I can stop this from happening, I will. As I've said elsewhere, copyright on this forum belongs with the author and if a picture you own has been posted elsewhere without your consent, that's a breach of copyright. I've been a victim of this myself, so I know how it feels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version