Crime, Punishment and Courts > Kent Police related stuff

Chatham Police Station?

(1/4) > >>

smiler:
    I remember as a kid never passing the police station without going round the back where the kennels were holding the stray dogs.

KeithG:

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: Smiffy on May 13, 2020, 06:06:54 PM ---I'm sure the test centre was still there when I took my bike test, I think about 1971-72. I remember riding up and down the Paddock, which has now gone.

Interesting that the police station in the Brook built to replace the old one has in its turn, been replaced. Does anyone know if the one in the Brook still has any function, as I've seen vehicles coming and going but the building itself always looks empty.

--- End quote ---

I think the police use the parking area there, which is also shared with the magistrates court. It was always a secure way to transfer prisoners. There is a tunnel from the police station to the magistrate court cells.

Mike

Smiffy:
I'm sure the test centre was still there when I took my bike test, I think about 1971-72. I remember riding up and down the Paddock, which has now gone.

Interesting that the police station in the Brook built to replace the old one has in its turn, been replaced. Does anyone know if the one in the Brook still has any function, as I've seen vehicles coming and going but the building itself always looks empty.

KeithG:
I have been trying to find the photo I have of the Police Station from the Gibraltar side looking across which shows the blue light but no success.
I did all my driving tests at Chatham starting in 1964 and the Test Centre was opposite the Lord Duncan so I do know the area quite well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version