Author Topic: Upchurch Sign  (Read 222 times)

Offline grandarog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 442
Upchurch Sign
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »
Upchurch Village on the N Kent coast has been in existence since Roman Times.
          The Village Church has a Candle Snuffer Steeple which has been used for years by boats and shipping using the Medway and Thames Estuary,s.
          Sir Francis drakes Father was Vicar of the Village from 1560. Sir Francis gained his first seafaring Knowledge from nearby Otterham Quay as a boy.
          The Sign stands in the centre of the Village.