Maritime History > Lighthouses and Lightships

Lightship

<< < (2/3) > >>

castle261:
A lot of information has added since my mistake about the light ship.
Members use their eyes to rectify, then we have an excelent thread.

Stewie:
The Ross revenge spent a few years in Tilbury, but is now moored in the River Blackwater off of Maldon. She had a number of other berths previous to this, namely on the end of Southend Pier, opposite the Russian submarine on the River Medway and at Queenborough.

MartinR:
We have two vessels here: one moored at Sun Pier and another at Gillingham Pier.  The latter vessel was indeed LV21, I've been on board her the day before she moved on.  See https://lv21.co.uk/ for more info.  IIRC the former vessel had a very different profile, and a notably high mast.  I was under the impression that that was Radio Caroline's ship, the MV Ross Revenge.  See the last two paragraphs of section "3 Ross Revenge runs aground" in the Wikipedia article I cited earlier.
If you are interested in light vessels there are two or three at Hoo Marina, and of course there is the Inner Dowsing (LV16) at Medway Bridge Marina.

stuartwaters:
Yes, ex Trinity House Light Vessel 21. She was there for a while, but after a spat with Medway Council, she was moved to Gravesend.

johnham:
There was a Lightship moored at Gillingham Pier for a while that was not the Ross Revenge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version