Religion > Churches, Mosques, Synagogues and Temples

Unidentified Church

(1/2) > >>

stuartwaters:
You can put it on the General Discussion board Smiffy.  :)

Smiffy:
There was a thread I started in the old forum called "Unidentified Photographs" so I would agree that a similar topic here would be a good idea.

MartinR:
Take a look at:
https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=bfa82d8e-f283-4530-9167-47c35b016b95&cp=51.389998~0.398765&lvl=20&dir=270&style=g&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

Obviously the angle is different, but the two ventilation slots in the East end, the configuration of the tower, and the chimneys on the college all agree with the original.

CAT:
Maybe a new topic heading could be started of 'Where could this be?'. I know I have many pictures reputed to be Kent, but I still can's work out where.

MartinR:
I've just been around and had a look.  At first I thought it couldn't be Cobham, the turret stair was in the wrong place, but then I realised it was taken from the East, not the West.  Two ranges of almshouses can certainly confuse a bear of small brain!  I tried to get a view from the East, but there are modern houses and more trees in the way.  Further down the hill you can't seen the superimposition of the chancel roof in front of the tower, but otherwise it looks like CAT was spot on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version