Leisure, Sport and Entertainment > Cinemas

Medway Cinema`s

(1/7) > >>

grandarog:
Thanks Smiffy, I should have said that was in 1956. ;D

Smiffy:
grandarog, that would be the Embassy, later the Odeon, then the Classic and then back to the Embassy again! Later it was a bingo club and finally a snooker club. I don't think it's being used for anything at the moment, but at least it's still there.

grandarog:
I cant remember the Name of the Cinema between Gardiner Street ,Gillingham Tech School and the High Street .We all played hooky one afternoon to see Bill Hayley's Rock around the Clock, Film. One of the teachers came in to extract us but there were so many of us he gave up. :)

castle261:
I attended my Saturday morning pictures, first at the Invicta, commonly called the ` Bug Hutch `.
Then when the Ritz opened, I joined the Ritz Club. They were the good days, of open fields,
freedom to roam far and wide. not many cars. Horse and cart, the transport for bread vans
and milk carts. You took your jug to the milkman, who dipped a metal jug into the milk churn, to
fill your jug up.

shoot999:
In the late forties the organist at the Majestic was Clem Waghorn; and some will remember him as 'Uncle Clem'  if they attended the Saturday morning club there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version