Author Topic: Medway Towns Sewage Pumping Stations  (Read 1242 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Medway Towns Sewage Pumping Stations
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 04:00:25 PM »
Yes, I know. I was at Lower Halstow supervising the tankers over the weekend before last. It's an ongoing struggle and not pleasant for everyone involved, not least of all the inhabitants of Lower Halstow.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
Re: Medway Towns Sewage Pumping Stations
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 02:32:13 PM »

There have been lots of problems transferring Sewage from Lower Halstow to Motney Hill due to pipe bursts .New sections have been laid across the marshes but the problems continue. This means Tankers having to negotiate narrow lanes etc to remove the Village sewerage.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Medway Towns Sewage Pumping Stations
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 07:48:52 AM »
I found this while working a couple of weekends ago.

As some of you may be aware, the Sewage Works at Motney Hill serves pretty much all of the built up Medway Area. Attached are a map and index of how your sewage gets to the Works at Motney Hill.

Some of these pumping stations are huge, others are very small. The New Brook Pumping Station in Chatham for example is massive while the one on Dock Road, near the Shell Garage is tiny.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.