General Kent History Stuff > Domestic and Residential Buildings

The Woodlands, Gillingham

(1/2) > >>

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: John Walker on January 25, 2022, 11:44:56 AM ---

Does this help at all?

--- End quote ---

Thx John

I saw that a few weeks ago. By viewing the painting and this photograph helped confirm I had the right house. Also Gillingham library confirmed.

Many thanks

John Walker:

Does this help at all?

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: Mike Gunnill on December 14, 2021, 01:31:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dave Smith on December 12, 2021, 04:29:52 PM ---Living close by, we often visited Woodlands before WW2 when it was a museum. The curator would silently follow us to ensure we behaved- it probably made his day for it was never busy. During the war, it became the local ARP centre & I joined the messengers, cycling, on my Dad's bike, to outlying posts.

--- End quote ---

An interesting place, The Woodlands it seems.

--- End quote ---

Trying again, please?

This photograph was posted by KeithG on April 20th, 2020. He is no longer a member of this forum and can't be contacted.  I wonder if anyone can positively ID this image? I think it is The Woodlands, the home of James Jezreel and later Irish inventor Louis Brennan.  In some later photographs taken in the garden ( 12 acres ), Brennan can be seen standing next to his mono-rail invention. In the background, I think the same white greenhouse structure can be seen.

Grateful for help please?

Thanks

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: Dave Smith on December 12, 2021, 04:29:52 PM ---Living close by, we often visited Woodlands before WW2 when it was a museum. The curator would silently follow us to ensure we behaved- it probably made his day for it was never busy. During the war, it became the local ARP centre & I joined the messengers, cycling, on my Dad's bike, to outlying posts.

--- End quote ---

An interesting place, The Woodlands it seems.

Dave Smith:
Living close by, we often visited Woodlands before WW2 when it was a museum. The curator would silently follow us to ensure we behaved- it probably made his day for it was never busy. During the war, it became the local ARP centre & I joined the messengers, cycling, on my Dad's bike, to outlying posts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version