Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 31611 times)

KeithG

Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
I am in the middle of my 5th week of self isolation ....but what happens after the 12th week as being 72yrs have to be careful.....the Government don`t seem to mention us over 70`s anymore?

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
 ::)

pete.mason

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 02:18:54 PM »
being stabbed every time you go out b

knife crime getting worse in Kent then  ;)

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2020, 12:00:37 PM »
Not much fun being stabbed every time you go out but it's keeping you well  .
Take care stay well x

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2020, 10:48:41 AM »
I was let out for the second time yesterday (I'm starting to sound like Fletcher off Porridge).  Only to the doctors' though - every time I leave the house someone wants to stab me with a needle! :(

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2020, 10:40:41 AM »
I really hope  you haven't undone all your precautions Castle261 . It is easy to let your guard slip as we are so not used to any of this. Today I ventured to my local shop , only the 2nd time in  over 3 weeks , but not many customers and plenty of precautions . Not much on the shelves but plenty of LOO rolls ;D .
Got what I needed and will now stay in until I have to venture out again.
Take care  x

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2020, 10:22:37 AM »
After completing my month of solitary confinement, I may have undone ALL that.
I accepted a loaf of bread from a neighbour, he handed it to me, & I accepted it, without thinking.
The other was another neighbour, asked if I would like a face mask, I said `yes`. He went to get
one (he was wearing one) then he came back with one, inside a kitchen paper towel.
Before i could stop him (I was writing at the time) he walked right up to me & handed me the mask.
His flat mate was beside him, they are both retired & charity workers normally.

I shall have to wait now, all the precaution may, have been in vain. It is easy to let your guard slip.

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2020, 08:18:51 PM »

We did plan to have a holiday this week as we normally do for our wedding anniversary. When this all started decided not to book in case and as it worked out would have had to cancel. Last year we decided to go to Italy around this time we did decide to put it off a year glad we did.
Currently reduced shopping once a week if possible and going out for a walk when we can. Still finding eggs and cleaning stuff is short supply.

Offline shoot999

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »
Like everyone else, I'm restricted to just local. (first pic) And yes, I know I'm lucky. The second pic is my usual stamping ground.  Not too many problems with social distancing down in Cornwall.  :)

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2020, 06:11:13 PM »
Peace & quiet - I wish!  My wife's working from home/on holiday and my two sons are university students doing likewise.  At least the other 3 get to leave the premises for shopping  and exercise.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »
I have been in isolation for four weeks, tomorrow. I have made up games to play. One is a putting
golf game We had the grass cut yesterday, so with my putter ( a walking stick ) and my ball, some
roller up piece`s of ( kitchen foil ) I played, first 32 strokes, then the second, a hole in one.
I also made a hoopla game, a kitchen paper towel stand ( marvellous, what you find in the kitchen )
and some bendy rubber, to make rings. I keep a score, gardener 0, me 35, although the gardener,
is not here, today. I was given a face mask today, by a neighbour, another brought a loaf of bread.

bertroid

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2020, 04:10:36 PM »

I'm actually one of those few people that doesn't mind a bit of peace and quiet, and the rare opportunity to do research for the next Volume of my book, even if it is only online research.  I have noticed that various people appear to be going temporarily insane though, particularly in social media circles.

I go shopping two or three times a week, with a planned triple hit on LIDL, Tesco and M & S.

I'm technically a key worker, but company aren't enforcing it, and I've been furloughed.  This does give me the opportunity to travel a bit further if I get bored, with that key worker ID.  I'm so far resisting though....

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2020, 12:42:29 PM »
Stay well Martin R , since my last post I have been trying ( very trying ) to get the grass cut and looking more like a garden ! fits and starts but will get there eventually  hopefully anyway .

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2020, 12:37:06 PM »
I too ventured out for the first time in about 3 weeks.  I had to go to the doctor's to get my 12-weekly implant that's keeping my cancer under control.  I also picked up my copy of Reed's - shame I can't get onto my boat though.  :'(   It's back to gardening duties and DIY now though for the next 9 weeks. 

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2020, 11:16:19 AM »
Today as daft as it may sound , I ventured out of my front door and actually went to a shop ! First time for 3 weeks. Have tried to keep occupied indoors and in the garden but can only do what the poor old worn out body finds acceptable , so the garden still looks like a jungle but the foxes like it ( 2 at the moment ) and I watch them as often as possible. What a sad life  :P x
 I just hope everyone stays well and that this will soon be over so we can all get to see family and friends again.