Author Topic: LOCKED OUT - SEPT 7TH.  (Read 1263 times)

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
Re: LOCKED OUT - SEPT 7TH.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 10:00:10 AM »
@Grandarog: Isn't that what I said: "I think there was a problem with the security certificate"?  I didn't see a message from Stuart, but just waited patiently.
@Stuart: Thanks
@Castle261: Just a suggestion to stop your machine (whatever type it is) drifting so far.

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 09:53:15 AM »
You have completely discombobulated the majority of us with all the tech bumf and language.
Stuart told us the Security Cert had expired that's why we were shut out. He has renewed the cert for the forum, with his own money now, and all is back to normal.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 09:26:30 AM »
I think there was a problem with the security certificate.  My machine syncronises using NTP every 10 minutes or so and is normally correct to within 500µS.  4 seconds is an aeon in computing, but still shouldn't have caused the error.  Do you syncronise using network time?  If you're still on a Windows machine there is a (unfortunately graphical) way to set it up, but I've a feeling it only checks at insanely long intervals.  Mac & Linux should be able to use NTP (or the jacket chronyd) directly.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
LOCKED OUT - SEPT 7TH.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 09:15:17 AM »
The excuse I was given on line was. ` Your clock is not showing the right time. [size=78%]I checked with my radio clock & my computer clock - it was right - the computer clock was 4 seconds - slower -- brrrrrrrrr.[/size]