Healthcare > Outbreaks and Epidemics

Coronavirus. 2020

<< < (2/49) > >>

castle261:
None of us in our Complex - of nine people - have had the Virus.

shoot999:

--- Quote from: stuartwaters on July 24, 2022, 04:37:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: johnfilmer on July 23, 2022, 01:39:53 PM ---My ever generous wife has, of course given it to me.

So, dozing in the garden just now, awakened by a pretty low and noisy Spitfire flying straight over the top of me.

Very impressive alarm clock ⏰

--- End quote ---

Lovely wake-up call. I just got back from a weekend away in my caravan visiting the outlaws in Cambridgeshire. I got an alarm call yesterday morning from two US Air Force F15s, presumably on their way somewhere from RAF Lakenheath. Louder than a Spitfire I should imagine.

My wife caught it at a do hosted by Gillingham Street Angels (who she works for) I went to work the Monday after and got back on the Thursday which is when I assume I caught it. I was fine Friday and the weekend and went to work again on Monday. I got called to a job Monday night which was going to go on all week, but came down in the small hours of Tuesday morning. I did a Lateral Flow Test at about 04:30 on Tuesday which was positive so reported it to the Foreman on the job who sent me home right away (from Lancing). I went back to work a week ago last Friday after two negative tests but felt like death warmed over. I only felt "normal" from about yesterday.

I'm normally fit and healthy but this virus knocked the stuffing out of me for about three weeks.

--- End quote ---

My daughter/granddaughter got caught out with covid restrictions last year at xmas and were not able to visit family in Rainham. (We live in Cornwall.) Ended up with two tickets to the panto in Chatham that we couldnt use. A quick look online highlighted what a great job Gillingham Street Angels do, so we posted them off to their shop. Hopefully someone got to benefit from them.

stuartwaters:

--- Quote from: johnfilmer on July 23, 2022, 01:39:53 PM ---My ever generous wife has, of course given it to me.

So, dozing in the garden just now, awakened by a pretty low and noisy Spitfire flying straight over the top of me.

--- End quote ---

Lovely wake-up call. I just got back from a weekend away in my caravan visiting the outlaws in Cambridgeshire. I got an alarm call yesterday morning from two US Air Force F15s, presumably on their way somewhere from RAF Lakenheath. Louder than a Spitfire I should imagine.

My wife caught it at a do hosted by Gillingham Street Angels (who she works for) I went to work the Monday after and got back on the Thursday which is when I assume I caught it. I was fine Friday and the weekend and went to work again on Monday. I got called to a job Monday night which was going to go on all week, but came down in the small hours of Tuesday morning. I did a Lateral Flow Test at about 04:30 on Tuesday which was positive so reported it to the Foreman on the job who sent me home right away (from Lancing). I went back to work a week ago last Friday after two negative tests but felt like death warmed over. I only felt "normal" from about yesterday.

I'm normally fit and healthy but this virus knocked the stuffing out of me for about three weeks.

johnfilmer:
My ever generous wife has, of course given it to me.

AlanTH:
I tested positive for 3 weeks and went to hospital twice with chest "discomfort" which was horrible. Then a couple of weeks negative but still feeling rough but now I've been clear for a month.
Both the wife and I have had 4 vaccinations but although I had it as I said, she's been OK.
Prostrate enlarged a bit but no cancer but I do take drugs to get it back to normal. Mate has had over 20 radiation doses, 3 of very high rate, and now seems to be OK but low testosterone.
Keep well people.
AlanH.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version