Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 30399 times)

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2020, 11:17:20 AM »
Good news indeed Stuart

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2020, 11:03:24 AM »
A little bit of good news here. My daughter in the USA is on the mend and my Granddaughter is all clear now.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2020, 10:49:58 AM »
I think they refer to Kent and Medway because Medway is a seperate Unitary Authority within the Kent County Council as opposed to the other constituencies of KCC.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2020, 09:32:23 AM »
It's getting a bit close here in Rochester, a near neighbour taken in yesterday ( she is elderly )    A friends husband , a sons friend  ( all in Medway area ) . I just want everyone I know and love to be safe and not take needless actions so this awful virus   will disappear. Stay safe everyone please.  :'(

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2020, 08:39:38 AM »
So, Tier 3 it is. But why do much of the media keep referring to “Kent and Medway”, when surely Medway is in Kent!

As I am about 100yds inside Swale I can understand the mutterings of those dragged down (or is it up) to Tier 3 when locally it is not such a problem, but micro dividing areas would surely simply lead to more confusion - and a lot of traffic out looking for an area with an open pub!

As for Christmas, Bah Humbug is the way to go...
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »
Good to hear Lyn L

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2020, 09:11:28 PM »
Big sigh of relief here, both Grandaughter and gt Grandaughter negative !  Little one isn't 5 yet but at school.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »
I had similar question when we shut our church hall for hire. I was asked how long was it to be before we reopened!
Good old saying is "how long is a piece of string"

Answered with "Twice the distance from the end to the middle"  ;D
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Archi93

« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2020, 02:37:50 PM »
I had similar question when we shut our church hall for hire. I was asked how long was it to be before we reopened!
Good old saying is "how long is a piece of string"

Archi93

« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2020, 02:25:54 PM »
Today as daft as it may sound , I ventured out of my front door and actually went to a shop ! First time for 3 weeks. Have tried to keep occupied indoors and in the garden but can only do what the poor old worn out body finds acceptable , so the garden still looks like a jungle but the foxes like it ( 2 at the moment ) and I watch them as often as possible. What a sad life  :P x
 I just hope everyone stays well and that this will soon be over so we can all get to see family and friends again.
Well we are back in lock down again, but still here thankfully. Our garden has been an absolute delight since March. My wife spent hours filming multitudes of bees and butterflies on her little phone camera. And flowers have been amazing. We had some plants delivered on Easter Monday from a nursery and they have given pleasure all summer.We have had foxes, squirrels, all sorts of birds and insects.
We even celebrated VE day in garden with Union Jacks around our summer house and up the steps. We joined in with our family in Cheshire via this wonderful Zoom, and we were all able to eat tea virtually together, and even play Bingo with them via zoom.Monty Don said in the last edition of Gardening World that "normally we look after our gardens, but this year, our gardens have looked after us!" So true.
Six months at home was not so bad. If it was moveable I tidied it, if it was fixed I painted it. Hence a painted patio and a garden shed that has never been so tidy before!!
Keep safe again during this lock down.

Archi93

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2020, 02:09:09 PM »
I went out my front door to clap the N.H.S & Carers at 8-00 pm, I have been a out patient 
of a hospital, twice this year. I received very good treatment, from the doctors & nurses.
[/quo

The CLAP. yes all finished now, but when we joined the clap in the summer in Walderslade it was very emotional: cars driving past with horns blaring, people outside their homes clapping and waving across the street to each other, a drum playing, children across the valley bouncing on their out door trampoline, even one week a bonfire burning and fireworks going off. Lasted for about 10 minutes, people that never knew each other joining in a common cause. Very emotional even to think of it.

Archi93

« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2020, 01:53:18 PM »
The newspaper`s for the toilet, was a Friday night affair. We provided enough paper to what we
though would last a week. String, was the upper class way, of hanging the paper.  A nail was
considered a `common`way of finishing the `job`.
Yes when I was a boy, living with my Mum we used to get the old newspapers and cut them up into postcard sized bits. we must have been "upper class" as we had string, but I'm sure we were'nt with my  Mum a widow. Sometimes we used to get soft tissue paper in the box coming back from the laundry interleaving the clothes, and we thought that was a real luxury! That too got cut up and hung in the toilet.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2020, 07:02:28 PM »
I just found out that my daughter who lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania has it. She's okay but her doctor has put her on an inhaler.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2020, 08:26:00 PM »
So far everything sounds good to me.  Yes there may be a minimal risk, but we all have to make cost/benefit choices - have you crossed the road recently for example?  I'm "clinically extremely vulnerable" and as such catching the bug could well be a one way ticket.  Sure there may be a few side effects (or maybe none, I never had any after the 'flu jab), but they'll not be as bad as chemo or do the damage that radiotherapy does.

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2020, 07:09:27 PM »
More information is likely to be made available when eventually it is going to be made available. I make my decision then. But as things stand I'm not too high on the list but ready to have the injection. Seen plenty of needles lately.

I'm only going out when I need to but miss our regular visit to see our local Son, Wife and grandchildren, they are now off school as it their classes have been closed due to COVID.