Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 31873 times)

Offline pr1uk

Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 09:56:49 AM »
Once upon a time - in an emergency, there was always the newspaper :)

Yes I think a lot of us remember when it was only newspaper on a nail in the outside toilet

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »
Not boring D.S. the last 10 days of isolation have flown by. I am looking for a small ball, then I can
take up putting, in the garden. I have plenty to keep me going, making stew, writing stories, cook
meals. I use the internet for research. Have plenty of food, daughter helps me, without contact.
I have no need to go out, just yet, as I can live with my self. Plenty to do, keeps me going.
I have the garden, there are several wooden chairs around, where I can write, sketch, view the
river, right down to old dockyard & Upnor. I often take tea & a paper down there. Nice & quiet.

bertroid

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »

On the plus side, the very few commercially working windmills and watermills in the UK are reporting a years worth of flour sales in the last two weeks due to massive demand.  None in Kent though.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »
Castle. On pay parade, you always used your " last three"(of a 7 figure- or in my case 6 figure) service number to distinguish you from anyone else. The l s d I quoted was just an example. How is your self isolation going? Are you beginning to finish your diary each day with " boring"? I am fortunate that I'm living with my daughter as we walk the dogs each day but keep well clear of anyone we meet- & they with us- so all is well so far. My daughter is great at supporting local shops, so we can have things delivered even if rather more expensive than a supermarket. As she says, "this is the time when they need us as much as we need them, otherwise they will just disappear".

Offline castle261

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »
D.S.  I went to Maidstone for my R.A.F. medical in 1944 -- declared medically unfit - Asthma.
Now your other query - the 261 refers to the house number, where we use to live.
The family moved out, while we were evacuated to South Wales.
( They tried to tell us, you are not wanted ) - ha! ha --  :o 

Dont understand Castle J.D. -  Sir, 261 - Oh - I get it now, service number - No.

` Three pound, seven shillings, and eight pence `--  Wartime weekly forces wages, for a officer ` ?

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 04:35:04 PM »
Castle. There are always some people who take advantage of the situation at the expense of the rest. Even in WW2 we had spivs. Well, I hope they get stuck with them! Incidentally, is the 261 your "last three?" " Castle.J.D." "Sir, 261". " Three  pounds, seven shillings and eight pence". Presumably you were at some time in the forces?

pete.mason

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »
'nuff said !!

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 09:26:31 AM »
Apparently the reason people are panic buying and stockpiling loo rolls has been discovered.
Amid the fears associated with Covid 19 Corona virus,every time some one sneezes or coughs in public 100 people s**t themselves.

Offline castle261

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 08:45:12 AM »
Where ---- the SUN does`nt shine ----  ;D

Longpockets

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 07:57:39 AM »
I saw a comment somewhere Rupert Murdoch will save the day if the loo rolls run out.

Offline castle261

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 02:10:23 AM »
Buying that many loo rolls --- to sell them on --- when supply`s get really short - DS

bertroid

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 01:40:25 AM »

The Sun is a good start.  If not the Daily Mail.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:39:32 PM »
Once upon a time - in an emergency, there was always the newspaper :)

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »
Can anyone please tell me what the significance of loo rolls is that causes panic buying of them?

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:43:14 AM »
We are in at the start of this dreadful new virus in 2020. I am in the `stay at home group `.
This causes all sorts of problems. Luckley I have use of a garden, secluded by the river, I am
the only one to use it, so far. I have been using it, and walking along a small stretch of it.
I decided today, instead of lounging around in house clothes, to dress up, as if I was going out
every day. We are advised to keep at least, six feet apart from another person.
I my group over the seventies, we are advised to stay indoors for several months. This can
create problems. Getting medicines, I usually go the the pharmacy & collect it myself, by using
a bus, now that is out. I doubt if I can walk that far ( a mile + up hill ) I am to phone the pharmacy
to see if they can deliver it to my door. My nearest relative has hospital problems, with her mother
so she cannot collect it. I am writing a day to day account, on another site. More later, when I write.

Castle 261: In my village there are 'helpers' who will fetch items from a pharmacy. Have you gone on social media like FB to check this out? I wish you well and I am in the same group as you. I have been out for walks and kept a distance from others. It's not easy but do-able.  Keep us up dated, and may I call you Castle for short?

Regards
Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >