Author Topic: Chatham Intra film - The Long Version.  (Read 2240 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Chatham Intra film - The Long Version.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 08:53:49 PM »
Increased the size of the font with the link to make it legible. I don't know why it does that.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline shoot999

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 08:51:33 PM »
Rarely returning to Medway in the last 40 years I had Chatham Intra on my to visit bucket list  as it was an old stamping ground. I was pleased to read (pre covid) that artists and artisans were slowly repopulating the area and it was one of the areas selected by the government for additional funding.
So looking forward to viewing the video. In respect to its early history I found the following link informative.

http://www.jtrails.org.uk/trails/chatham-and-rochester/history

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:32:09 PM »
Many thanks for posting that Stewie.

Although I knew that my Grandfather was a confectioner at 350 High Street in 1911, I recently found my fathers baptismal record that gave their address in 1909 as 342 St Margaret Banks, next door to the Hare and Hounds, now Pizza Hut, just a few hundred yards along the road.

So I’m really interested in finding more detail about Chatham Intra.
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline Stewie

Chatham Intra film - The Long Version.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 05:29:20 PM »

Dear All, Rob Flood of the City of Rochester Society has posted a rather interesting YouTube video on the are between Chatham & Rochester known as 'Chatham Intra'. I have asked permission to share this video with the KHF and he has agreed so please find below, the original introduction and link to the video.

"As I mentioned in the email on 3 November, I've been busy working with IntraArts and Sun Pier House CIC putting together a walks programme for a festival they're running in May 2021 called Ebb&Flow, a Creative Estuary commission. I made a short film, with the brilliant Gary Weston from the Rochester based Spaghetti Weston film company, that guides you through the key historical aspects of the Star Hill to Sun Pier Conservation Area. Here's link to the full length version of the film. I hope you enjoy it.Stay safe everyone. Regards[/size]Rob Flood - City of Rochester Society"[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]

[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]