Author Topic: Found one yacht !  (Read 2004 times)

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Re: Found one yacht !
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »
Mystery solved. on talking to our Gardener ` has the yacht been claimed yet `. `He said ` it`s my yacht `.
It appears the yacht will be moored at the bottom of our garden, permanently.

Offline castle261

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 06:08:20 PM »
I will pass the message on to the people who secured the yacht - MartinR

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 04:30:07 PM »
You could also let the Medway and Swale Boating Association know: www.msba.org.ukThere's also a boating and sailing group on next door: https://nextdoor.co.uk/g/hndrnhtkh/?is=nav_bar
I don't with to be rude, but do either you or the people who secured it have much knowledge of boats?  If not, pm me, I'm a yacht owner myself.

Offline castle261

Found one yacht !
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 03:22:09 PM »
During this week-end at high tide - we found a yacht a literally, at the bottom of our garden. I estimate it to be 16ft t0 20ft long with a steeped mast, with either a navy blue sail, or cover. There is the name of a boatyard at the stern, but no name on the boat. It came to be where it is, because we have a mesh fence on the Medway, to keep flotsam
& jetsam out. When I looked, the water was over the fence at high tide. Some good people have secured the yacht
with rope, so as it does not get loose, in the river. If any members know of the owner, reply, using this ` found one yacht `or the police. I will notify, if & when owner is known, on here, but not the owners name.