Ancestry Research Related stuff > Ancestry Research

The 1921 Ancestry Records

<< < (2/2)

John Walker:
I've read that the 1921 census can be viewed at local libraries.  Does anyone know if this is correct and if it is, how does it work?

John Walker:
A very unfair situation.  If I understand correctly, not only will we have to pay the annual subscription but we'll have to pay per search as well.  I feel these records should be government-funded for all to access.

MartinR:
You will be able to view the images for free at the National Archives in Kew.  Probably worth checking up on the price of a day return, if you want more than a few records it could be cheaper!  Pity those in Birmingham or Newcastle though.  According the the website the initial contract is for three years, after that who knows?

johnfilmer:
Please note that Find my Past has the following to say about their forthcoming 1921 Census release:
*Please note that the 1921 Census of England and Wales will not be included in any subscription package upon its release on 6 January, 2022. The 1921 Census will be on a pay-per-view basis using Findmypast micropayments.
The generous b*gg*rs will let "Pro" subscribers (i.e. the top of the range package) have a 10% discount.
I for one am not impressed...

castle261:
See my post below.

I was going to remove this post - but it said `  Can not remove 1ST POST ` - So Stuart it you can remove it PLEASE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version