Ancestry Research Related stuff > Ancestry Research

The 1921 Ancestry Records

(1/2) > >>

johnfilmer:
Thanks Grandarog, just a general marketing ploy then.

grandarog:
All subscribed members had a banner across the top of the 1921 page. Obviously a marketing tactic to any on their mail list.
Quote:-
       "50% off 1921 Census records.Hurry, offer expires Monday. T&Cs apply*"

johnfilmer:
I cancelled my subscription payment to Find my Past a few days ago, citing the pay per view of 1921 Census as the reason.
Not sure if it is simply coincidence or a marketing tactic, but I had a 50% off offer for the Census records for this weekend. Was this common/universal? Did anyone else get this offer? Just curious/suspicious...

johnfilmer:
I have made a point of NOT paying to view the 1921 Census, and am sorely tempted to cancel my Find my Past subscription until such time as it is included within a subscription.
It is also probably as full of poor transcription as any other previous offering. I checked the records (without going further than finding if they existed), and my mother's family were missing until I tried miss-spelling their straightforward surname. Your only protection against paying to view the wrong record set is a short list of some of the people included in that record when you hover the mouse over it - which is as far as I have got.

grandarog:
Most Libraries have facilities to view most sites but you would still have to pay to view the actual Censii entry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version