Leisure, Sport and Entertainment > Retail

` First `

<< < (2/6) > >>

castle261:
Speaking of Featherstone`s - it is in the process of being renovated. The part called ` Chatham House ` that is.
I believe they have finally obtain a grant - for the work - Mr Featherstone wanted it to be made into flats.
I went in there in September on a Heritage day - now the scaffolding is up - the complete the outside.

KeithG:
Yes i can remember my Stepmother dragging me off to Paines in Strood for my school uniform.
Next Year it was Featherstones opposite Gundulph Road in Rochester High Street.....they too had the Lampson Paragon System which carried payment from the shop floor to the cashier at the rear.The cash was catapulted in a wheeled cup along wires to the cash desk where it was checked and change sent back.
It was changed every year which shop stocked my uniform and the last year for me was Leaveys Gents Outfitters at the bottom of Manor Road/High Street Chatham.
Old Picture of Leaveys.

Smiffy:
The other Carter's shop, which once stood on the corner of Meeting House lane.

castle261:
The ` Invicta `or commonly called `The Bug Hutch `.

Colin walsh:
Yep Pains allso had a monopoly on cub /girl guide uniforms and equipment ,very pricy as I recall.
Can any one remember the pie shop in Chatham high street?had a very large oven actually in the shop
Made the most delicious meat and potato pies,
Terenzy Brothers was not in the high street it was up one of the side roads,allso name of the theater up the ally ba sides woolworths please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version