Members Only Area > General Discussion

What about information on the old Kent History Forum site

<< < (2/10) > >>

Barry5X:
Could I please ask why the content of my post #Reply 40 has been deleted.

I spent a lot of time in composing this post which was placed on the New Kent History Forum with a genuine concern with regards to the considerable data and history relating to Kent that has been lost by the disappearance of the original Kent History Forum managed by Kyn.

In particular 2 posts: one of which referred to Sheerness Technical School matters and the other to National Service of a Sittingbourne Lad who served in the Buffs with a spell in Suez - both of which were highly popular based upon their viewing figures and to which I offered significant input.

There was nothing offensive in the post - just a personal request to see the original site restored and be made accessible as an archive source.

If someone has found my reply offensive in any manner, or it has been requested to be removed - can I ask that this be made public on this Topic.  Otherwise an explanation would be appreciated.

Smiffy:
Barry5X,

Have you read the posts here about the Wayback Machine? You may be able to recover some or all of your contributions to the old KHF using this method. Worth a try.

Barry5X:

Lutonman:
The trouble always was that like a boy who owns the football if he does not get his way then he shouts its my ball and I'm taking it away. That's how the old forum was run, play by her rules or else. So I doubt that anything  further can be done to rescue the locked up history.

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: KeithG on June 01, 2020, 09:35:25 AM ---I went there yesterday and your link worked and could read posts.... going back after a few minutes and no go at all so as you say maybe that is it!

I just can't believe that somebody responsible for such History of Kent that so many people have contributed to are allowed just to shut it all down for good?

There must be something someone can do about it?

--- End quote ---

The trouble is I can't remember what I posted or if I should be very worried. I assume the old site has my contact details etc..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version