Author Topic: Pilchers Coach  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Smiffy

Re: Pilchers Coach
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 01:16:16 PM »
I can remember travelling on these old buses and coaches when I was a child, as even then there were still a lot of them around in general use. There's something about the smell of old leather and diesel that's quite evocative...

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 11:24:28 AM »
Smiffy. Sorry, I'm not a bus enthusiast, just very interested in anything mechanical. What a beautiful coach. In an earlier age it would have been called a charabanc as it's obviously for the week end & daily outings when ordinary people didn't have motor cars. Many thanks.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 10:01:17 AM »
I dont remember it Smiffy - then again the Pilcher`s garage - was not on my agenda -
when I was a little boy - going to town - was the other way - from Castle.

Offline Smiffy

Pilchers Coach
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:25:30 PM »

I happened on this photograph a while back of this open-top Pilchers Coach. I thought I'd post it here as there was a question about AEC in another topic. It's actually an Associated Daimler - I don't know the when it was taken, but in 1926 AEC and Daimler formed the Associated Daimler Company which was dissolved just two years later, so this gives the earliest date. It must have been a rare beast even then, and I would imagine even more so if it's managed to survive. Do any of our bus enthusiasts know? The number plate reads either KO 9156 or 9166.