Author Topic: Prince of Wales Railway St Chatham  (Read 6998 times)

Offline AlanTH

Re: Prince of Wales Railway St Chatham
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 10:52:19 AM »
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 06:20:14 PM »
The POW gave me the chance to say, I have sung in front of the Prince of Wales ( and inside) as a choirboy at Christmas. Before I explained it was the pub!

Offline smiler

• Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
   No restaurant upstairs now Smiffy but food sold in bar think upstairs is a bar and pool table not open all the time as far as I know.
   If I remember correctly it was a Schooner Inn 50/60s

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 09:57:30 AM »
The PoW used to be one of my regular stops every weekend when wandering the towns bars. They used to call the bar down stairs the "beerkeller" or something Germanic.
I was down there one night when the bloke I was with, a Hungarian who worked at Blaw Knox, got a glass smashed in his face. I chased and caught the offender and took him back to the pub which was swarming with cops.
Marched him down the stairs and proudly said to a flat hatted cop: "Here he is, the bloke that glassed my mate" Cop says "So you're a mate of the bloke with the gun are you"?
I was off like a rocket up the stairs, up Railway St and across into the wood yard that used to be there, up the wall at the back and into the GI Club. The Hungarian got 18 months for threatening the other fellow with a gun alright, a starting pistol I'd told him to stop playing with as we'd walked up from the Cabin Bar to the Prince of Wales. Couple of times he'd fired it to make all the bingo players standing at the bus stops jump about 3 feet.....
I was lucky they never arrested me but as I had been at the bar talking to the manager  at the time I had no idea what he'd done.
Bit off topic that I suppose.   
Beer prices sound good so I maybe persuaded to return from Oz to have a few soon. :)
AlanTH.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »

Offline smiler

• Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
Prince of Wales Railway St Chatham
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 12:42:14 PM »