Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 30352 times)

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2023, 02:11:52 PM »
My wife and i had both jabs ay the clinic at Wayfield, Chatham. Both arms were sore for a couple of days. The day after the jab  it felt like we were going down with Covid like we experienced before. It was soon over and we are back to  normal.

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2023, 10:21:53 PM »
Had my Covid jab last Friday by a nurse pharmacist at Duncan Road,Gillingham  Osbon Chemists.
didn't feel her do it . Next day small red area and tender to poke. that night woke up sweaty and felt a bit out of it but recovered with no more after effects. Wife didnt feel the Nurse do it but when we got home she had about a 2inch dia.red mark and it was hot and sore. No other after effects except the red mark went bruise looking and faded away in the next few days. Got our flu jabs at Memorial Hospital next week.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #239 on: October 04, 2023, 02:57:23 PM »
I've heard the same comment from one of our practice nurses.  A GP might do one or two jabs in a day, a nurse on 'flu or COVID duty will do 100s.

Offline mmitch

« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2023, 02:24:54 PM »
Had my Covid jab from a doctor which hurt and the flu jab from a nurse that I hardly felt.
I wonder why it is that some people can make it so easy? My own practice nurse recons she has done well over a million! I surpose  practice makes perfect!
mmitch.

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2023, 01:04:18 PM »
Had my Covid and flu boosters on Monday morning. Felt very “semi detached “ from life yesterday, headache, clumsy and totally cream crackered.

Better today, even managed  Sainsbury’s and the parallel universe that exists in our excellent local butchers 😳
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2023, 11:23:17 AM »
None of us in our Complex - of nine people - have had the Virus.

Offline shoot999

« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2022, 05:26:50 PM »
My ever generous wife has, of course given it to me.

So, dozing in the garden just now, awakened by a pretty low and noisy Spitfire flying straight over the top of me.

Very impressive alarm clock ⏰

Lovely wake-up call. I just got back from a weekend away in my caravan visiting the outlaws in Cambridgeshire. I got an alarm call yesterday morning from two US Air Force F15s, presumably on their way somewhere from RAF Lakenheath. Louder than a Spitfire I should imagine.

My wife caught it at a do hosted by Gillingham Street Angels (who she works for) I went to work the Monday after and got back on the Thursday which is when I assume I caught it. I was fine Friday and the weekend and went to work again on Monday. I got called to a job Monday night which was going to go on all week, but came down in the small hours of Tuesday morning. I did a Lateral Flow Test at about 04:30 on Tuesday which was positive so reported it to the Foreman on the job who sent me home right away (from Lancing). I went back to work a week ago last Friday after two negative tests but felt like death warmed over. I only felt "normal" from about yesterday.

I'm normally fit and healthy but this virus knocked the stuffing out of me for about three weeks.

My daughter/granddaughter got caught out with covid restrictions last year at xmas and were not able to visit family in Rainham. (We live in Cornwall.) Ended up with two tickets to the panto in Chatham that we couldnt use. A quick look online highlighted what a great job Gillingham Street Angels do, so we posted them off to their shop. Hopefully someone got to benefit from them.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2022, 04:37:11 PM »

So, dozing in the garden just now, awakened by a pretty low and noisy Spitfire flying straight over the top of me.

Lovely wake-up call. I just got back from a weekend away in my caravan visiting the outlaws in Cambridgeshire. I got an alarm call yesterday morning from two US Air Force F15s, presumably on their way somewhere from RAF Lakenheath. Louder than a Spitfire I should imagine.

My wife caught it at a do hosted by Gillingham Street Angels (who she works for) I went to work the Monday after and got back on the Thursday which is when I assume I caught it. I was fine Friday and the weekend and went to work again on Monday. I got called to a job Monday night which was going to go on all week, but came down in the small hours of Tuesday morning. I did a Lateral Flow Test at about 04:30 on Tuesday which was positive so reported it to the Foreman on the job who sent me home right away (from Lancing). I went back to work a week ago last Friday after two negative tests but felt like death warmed over. I only felt "normal" from about yesterday.

I'm normally fit and healthy but this virus knocked the stuffing out of me for about three weeks.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2022, 01:39:53 PM »

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2022, 11:06:29 AM »
I tested positive for 3 weeks and went to hospital twice with chest "discomfort" which was horrible. Then a couple of weeks negative but still feeling rough but now I've been clear for a month.
Both the wife and I have had 4 vaccinations but although I had it as I said, she's been OK.
Prostrate enlarged a bit but no cancer but I do take drugs to get it back to normal. Mate has had over 20 radiation doses, 3 of very high rate, and now seems to be OK but low testosterone.
Keep well people.
AlanH.

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2022, 02:52:58 PM »
My wife attended a “Do” with about 70 people over the weekend. Guess what, she tested positive this morning. ::)

Even more channeling of the inner hermit! That’s hermit, not Kermit by the way.

Offline castle261

« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2022, 07:18:21 AM »
One thing about growing (very) old - is the skin is not very elastic - any more.
I was on a bus - pre virus - standing up - making my way to a seat - when the
bus lurched - I was throw against the upright holding bar - I felt a little pain as
I sat down - I then felt blood running down my arm from my elbow - On undoing
my shirt sleeve - I saw the damage - the top layer of skin was pealed right back
as though a surgeon had done it. My clean hanky was very useful - then.

Your comments would be very welcome - on growing older - new members !

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2022, 08:55:16 PM »
My Biopsy just under 10 years ago gave me an infection and I was 4 days in hospital. I then had to go back and have my prostate removed, I have now been clear 9 years and counting. I to am a member of a local support group. Anyone in the Medway and Swale area are welcome to come along o th e1st Tuesday of the month  for more  https://urologysupportwestkent.co.uk/index.html

Offline castle261

« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2022, 09:49:25 AM »
I had my biopsy - years ago - five snips - with an older female nurse taking notes. All clear after 5 years.
Now I had a stone removed - through my mouth later - a pink spray into my mouth - then a nurse slapping
my face - the first thing I said is ` when are they going to start ` - she replied `its all over`.
Sound waves - broke the stone up - I was a big stone - another doctor - told me.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2022, 10:33:22 PM »
Ah yes, the biopsy.  "Just lie here on your side". :D ;D :)