Author Topic: Brompton Barracks  (Read 2987 times)

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Re: Brompton Barracks
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 06:49:51 PM »
I have no idea - WHAT - I was going to put in HERE - Surprise on looking through - again !

It was an MT Space

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 01:24:13 PM »
It's been quite a while since I visited the Royal Engineers museum, I was amazed at the amount and variety of the exhibits. Well worth another look soon, I think.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 11:45:27 AM »
Inside the Royal Engineers Museum at Brompton is a full size V2 Rocket, on display. Admission fee.
Admission charge when I went there on Heritage Day in September - 2019 - ( Before Coronavirus )
£8-50 - then return any time in one year -  One place that is NOT free. Well worth a visit - for the
Victoria Cross medals - on display.

Longpockets

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 07:44:22 PM »
Some images of inside the barracks here http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Kent/ChathamSA.html I think I have some others I will try and dig them out.

Longpockets

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 07:36:34 PM »
Try an internet search on Armed Forces Day nearer the time Saturday 27 June 2020.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 05:38:32 PM »
I'd like to have a look around Brompton Barracks someday, but unfortunately I don't think they do open days for the general public. Also, although there are plenty of photographs of the main entrances of the other barracks in Medway, I've never seen the same view of Brompton Barracks before it was remodelled, which I think was sometime in the 1960's.

cliveh

Brompton Barracks
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »
Some old views of Brompton Barracks