Author Topic: Insects  (Read 1690 times)

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Re: Insects
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 11:24:18 AM »
I went to the `Knifeman ` event - when it arrived at Rochester Cathedral - As I sat on a bench to view it - a large swarm of Dragonfly`s lifted of the
grass in the garden - it was a marvellous sight. Did any one else - see it. - All the Mayors of Major Kent towns were there - the day I went.

Offline mmitch

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 02:46:42 PM »
I was driving a bright yellow van and when I stopped for a break, thousands landed on it! There was a simular occurance the following year too but not so extensive.
mmitch.

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 02:34:10 PM »
That same summer, I was down at Leysdown and a massive swarm came across the water and landed over every thing in sight. Completely covering our car.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Insects
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 10:48:47 AM »
Talk on another site about saving & not killing insects - Well years ago - I & many others- kill thousands if not hundreds of thousands of them.
We left work - I cycled then - all of a sudden there were these insects, walking on the ground. as I pushed my bike - I trod on them, so did others.
The year 1976 - There were literally millions of lady birds - on the ground - So we could not help, treading on thousands of them - that summer.