Crime, Punishment and Courts > Kent Police related stuff

`One Policeman `

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lutonman:

Yes indeed, I heard from my Dad that an army sharp shooter shot him.
I did have his brother working for me years ago as a contractor laying gas mains. Very little was said about the events though.

DaveTheTrain:
It is interesting to note the differences between the various accounts.  In some cases. fairly significant differences.  Thanks.
DTT

castle261:
I used to go to my friends house in Symons Avenue, to change comics. He lived opposite to
the army deserter, aged 20. He shot policeman Alan Baxter at the refuge dump at Chatham
The story made the front page of the Daily Mirror, at the time. Police were called in, as he had
made his way back to his parents house, on Symons Avenue. He was shot & killed by a police marksman. Just put siege of Symons Avenue in with your cursor, story & pictures.

I did not name him, as he may still have relatives living, in the area -- The time- June 6 1951

Colin walsh:
My parents had a friend who was a police officer ,counstable Diprose,he was stationed at the old police station that backed on to the castle gardens  ,top of castle hill? Never did know his first name,
I think he was involved in the white road incident , army deserter. Shot it out with the police and army riflemen ,very big story at the time,any one remember it?

alkhamhills:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version