Members Only Area > General Discussion

Name Prefix

(1/3) > >>

grandarog:
Glad y enjoyed the read. I am very proud of my Dad .He would have been 128 Years old this year.
My Uncle/Godfather Sid also served in WW1 in the RFC later RAF. Then again in WW2.
The 2 links below tell his stories.

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=871101.msg7422608#msg7422608

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,306290.0.html

Replica:
Hello Roger,
That was a very interesting post from you and others on that forum. The pictures of your dad are very nice, as well as the certificate from the king.
I would also proudly hang such a certificate on my wall.

Regards,
Ryan

grandarog:
Thanks for the reply.I am so glad your Dad enjoyed the nostalgia session . I have put a link on for you when you have an hour to spare you can read all about my Dad in the First World War. He was very lucky to survive.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=310797.msg1921202#msg1921202

Regards Roger.

Replica:
Hi Grandarog. I saw my dad yesterday, and yes, he knew that Ronald passed away. He was informed by Reginald via telegram (my dad referred to him as Reggie).
He had to really had to think hard when I mentioned Ronald's sister. He vaguely remembered that fact, probably because they never actually met. He really enjoyed reminiscing about the 60s. Cheers!

Replica:
Your dad did pretty good considering. I sure hope to live that long in half decent health. My dad is Canadian born and has been to the UK a couple times to visit the Wilsons I believe. I'll have to ask him more about that as well as Ronald's sister. Yes, he's well taken care of at the home thanks. In 2003 I was in the UK for a six week job at British Gypsum (East Leake site) outside of Nottingham. I didn't see the sun the entire time I was there. However, the food, bitters and people were top notch. I hope you're doing well, and enjoying, dare I say, your retirement? When I have more time I'll have to read some of your posts. Take care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version