Geography in Kent > City, Town and Village Histories

Coldrum Lodge

<< < (2/6) > >>

Nemo:

--- Quote from: Cosmo Smallpiece on June 22, 2020, 08:18:40 AM ---The Court Directory for London still shows 15 Grove Mansions, Clapham Common as the address for James W Wells in the 1905 and 1906 edition.

Has anyone access to a Kelly's Directory to search Trossley?

--- End quote ---

Oh! But he died in 1902...

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: Nemo on June 21, 2020, 09:43:48 PM ---The newspaper report of the inquest into the death of Mr Wells senior states that he was LATE of Grove Mansions, so it seems more likely that he and Emily had moved in with Reginald, Carissima and their child (perhaps taking with them the other family members shown in the 1901 census for Grove Mansions), rather than the other way round.

If Mr Wells senior was travelling back to them by train after his morning appointment in the City, and the train went from Cannon Street to Dartford en route, where was his destination (bearing in mind the later births registered at Malling)?

Trottiscliffe and Trosley are indeed the same, cf. Wiki.

--- End quote ---

Good work Memo. Can you work for me full time please?

Mike Gunnill:

--- Quote from: Cosmo Smallpiece on June 21, 2020, 08:38:28 PM ---Carissima Wells and Reginald F Wells are in London in the 1911 census.

--- End quote ---

Grateful for this Cosmo Smallpiece. I couldn't find them fo 1911. I use Find My Past and Ancestry??

SORRY, I meant the 1901 census.

Cosmo Smallpiece:
The Court Directory for London still shows 15 Grove Mansions, Clapham Common as the address for James W Wells in the 1905 and 1906 edition.

Has anyone access to a Kelly's Directory to search Trossley?

Nemo:
Ah, I hadn't thought of that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version