Author Topic: Kent Family History Society  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Dean Wells

Re: Kent Family History Society
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 05:00:15 AM »
Hello and thank you very much for your help,I gained a copy of Edith and Edwin marriage certificate,yes Edith parents were indeed James and rose annie,I have found details of my gran Mary's siblings except thora born 1923,I believe she went to live with my gran originally in Leicester but I cannot seem to find it she ever married,could anyone please help,she was thora dinsdale,born Kent 1923 and believe lived in Leicester until her death in 2005,any help would be greatly appreciated,thank you Dean

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 05:45:37 PM »
Hi Dean ,Welcome to the Forum.
        There wasn't an Edith May Francis born in 1893 at Alkham .

There were 2 born in 1892 . Your one is possibly the one born on Dec 15th  1892. She wasn't Baptized until April 2nd 1893. Daughter of William and Elizabeth Jessie.

I think The other Edith who was Baptised Sept 10th 1892. Daughter of James and Rose Ann is the most Probable.
On the 1911 census Edith is in service with her Sister Rose Ann.Edith is shown as born 1893.
On 1901 she is at home at Alkham with her parents and 7 siblings.

You will need the Marriage certificate to Establish the Fathers Name of the Ethel that Married Dinsdale.
Get it from GRO using the reference 2nd Qtr 1914 2A2543 Elham, Kent.
Use this link to Official site:-

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate
(there are plenty of sites that charge more)

There were 5 children of the Marriage .All registered at Elham District.
Mary (your Gran) 1914
Richard 1917
John W 1919
Colin 1921
Thora 1923.
If they were Baptised it wasn't in Kent.

If you need any specific help post as much info as you have and what details you are looking for.

Offline Dean Wells

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 03:16:55 PM »
Hello,this is my first time posting on here,I am looking for information on my great grandmother Edith may dinsdale(born Francis),I know she was born in alkham in 1893,she married private Edwin dinsdale in elham in 1914,Edwin was in the royal Warwickshire regiment at the time,I know they had my grandmother mary,born 1914,Edith passed away in 1929,any help would be greatly appreciated,thank you

Offline Mike Gunnill

Kent Family History Society
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 09:59:07 AM »
Looks like we are heading for another major lock-down.  You might like to look at https://www.kfhs.org.uk

This is the web site for the Kent Family History Society of which I am a member.  What I found very useful last time was the Zoom meetings with a speaker. There were about 6-8 of these which you have sign up for.They normally last 45minutes to an hour long. There normally, is a question and answer session afterwards. Not free of course but £12 per year.  Something to think about when you are bored?

Mike

Stay Safe!
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >