Leisure, Sport and Entertainment > Retail

Featherstones Memories Project - 351 High Street Rochester

<< < (2/3) > >>

castle261:
Thank you for your reply Natasha - well - I shall wait until the gate`s are open. ( Not - the Pearly ones )

Natasha Steer:
The gates of Featherstones, courtesy of Christopher Featherstone.

Natasha Steer:
I agree castle261 the orange fencing/hoarding does make walking along the already slim pavement and into the road unsafe, they are hoping to take away the hoarding in March and reveal the new gates fingers crossed. This won't stick out into the pavement like it originally used to hundred years ago, but will be set further back. I will post a photo of how far it used to stick out. It really is annoying and I hope your access for your walk is improved asap - you are not alone in complaining about this access issue along the pavement while the work takes place.

castle261:
I live in the area & walk ( or did walk ) along to Rochester bridge - but the virus has shortened my walk - to a
short walk to the rail bridge. That used to be fine - until shutters went up - closing the foot path. That means
 I either have to cross a very busy road ( no crossings ) then cross back again after - to view the river Medway.
for the river traffic. For a man of 95 this year - would it be possible to move a few car parking places - to allow
for the shutters to be places in the road - allowing me and others access to the pavement. the alternitive -is to repave & place new railing in position - first - then re- open. I dont prefer to walk towards Chatham - thank you.

Natasha Steer:
Before the scaffolding...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version