Author Topic: Lead Stories.  (Read 4155 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Lead Stories.
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »
Thank you. There's actually a thread about this, here:

https://kenthistoryforum.com/index.php?topic=536
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 09:33:51 PM »
All sorted here.   It is good to be back on KHF.  I only use a three forums, this one, a steam forum and the historic military vehicle forum.   I like KHF for
Local content, users I recognise and some I know personally and PM.  Thanks Stuart
Dave

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 08:43:50 PM »
Thanks Stuart, whatever you did seems to have sorted out the problem.  Firefox under CentOS 7 is working fine, as is the RSS feed with Akregator.  Well done.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »
I have no problem now - I go the the page I want to reply to - & log in there.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 03:35:37 PM »
Unfortunately, the Forum problems seem to be continuing. Equally, a series of very long days at work have prevented me from looking into the problems further. I have put out at least two announcements in the form of e-mailed Newletters which give my personal contact email address and a significant number of members have emailed me using that address to let me know that they are still having problems with logging in. I'll have another look at that later today.

To reiterate, If you are having problems logging in, please email me, with screenshots if possible, at stuart_waters66@yahoo.co.uk. If I don't reply straight away, please just bear with me.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Cosmo Smallpiece

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 01:58:07 PM »
You say you were blaming me??? You can't both break the silence of several months to have a pop at me, and be surprised if I stand up and defend myself against your allegations.

Can I assure forum members again that I was not the person who posted multiple of Mike's pics from his other accounts and put them on an Aviation forum! Also I don't know the person/poster who did. Also I'm not aware of other members images being taken from here.

Mike you were the one who posed a gentleman's agreement here two months ago to avoid what you called a "windmill situation". Please can we go back to that scenario and avoid giving Stuart more work he clearly does not need. Your groundless allegations and rebuttal of help are doing little to encourage others to post.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 08:27:31 AM »

I agree with your comments, no one is around. There doesn't appear to be anything to reply to at the moment. I did so a great deal but my material was been used to impress others on another web site, so I pulled back from my boyish enthusiasm. May be others have suffered the same way?

It would be a great shame if the forum stopped because of the abuse of one or two people.

Mike

We looked into these spurious claims months ago when you last raised them? The poor lady on the aviation forum you quoted only raised your images to be helpful. Secondly she found them on your photo account - not from this Forum! None of those images were taken from this forum, or by members of this forum.

It might be helpful if you decided to raise these issues on the sites where they happened, rather than repeatedly air your dirty laundry on here?

No persons on this site have tried to abuse you. Several of us did try and help you. I did find and post lots of stuff which I thought would help you with your request for help.

That's all water under the bridge now. Time to move on or take it up with the relevant sites..... Which was something you said you were going to do at the time? But please stop blaming this forum for your woes elsewhere.

I am clearly not blaming this forum, but you.  My request at the time, was for help from forum members, but I didn't receive any from you. I have moved on, I have learnt my lesson - strange you should mention this again and add silly claims.
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Cosmo Smallpiece

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 06:24:24 PM »

I agree with your comments, no one is around. There doesn't appear to be anything to reply to at the moment. I did so a great deal but my material was been used to impress others on another web site, so I pulled back from my boyish enthusiasm. May be others have suffered the same way?

It would be a great shame if the forum stopped because of the abuse of one or two people.

Mike

We looked into these spurious claims months ago when you last raised them? The poor lady on the aviation forum you quoted only raised your images to be helpful. Secondly she found them on your photo account - not from this Forum! None of those images were taken from this forum, or by members of this forum.

It might be helpful if you decided to raise these issues on the sites where they happened, rather than repeatedly air your dirty laundry on here?

No persons on this site have tried to abuse you. Several of us did try and help you. I did find and post lots of stuff which I thought would help you with your request for help.

That's all water under the bridge now. Time to move on or take it up with the relevant sites..... Which was something you said you were going to do at the time? But please stop blaming this forum for your woes elsewhere.

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 04:04:33 PM »
Just a thought, but if you were the author of a missing lead story, could you just repost as an amendment/edit? Even if only the general drift of the original would help context for the whole thread.
Illegitimus nil carborundum

pete.mason

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 10:54:41 AM »
I'm still here, just nothing to add. Can start off Guess the place if you want.. I open the page on "unread posts" and it's not been showing any though looking at the home page shows posts have been made like the ones on here

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 10:44:40 AM »
I’m logging on without problems. Quess the Place seems to have stalled, maybe JW is having a problem, and like Diapason, I hope that he is OK. Finding an unused photo will pose a problem.

I have been catching up with the posts that I missed during my few months off the forum while doing various jobs around home. I also agree that there seems to be a lot of missing lead stories, which make it quite difficult to follow the thread, especially if the post was photographic.

My own series of “life writing” posts from the old forum are somewhere on my laptop, so I’ll dig them out and post them. Maybe review and revise first.
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline Local Hiker

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 08:16:38 PM »
I am here and logging in most days to see the latest. I have not had any problems to be fair. The site has been very quiet, and I just have not had much to see and add over the last few weeks. I have run out of "Guess the place" photos so have not been participating.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 07:03:08 PM »
I am wondering if a lot of members are still having trouble logging in or have not realised that Stuart has now sorted the problems. John Walker ,Diapasson ,Pete,Stewie,shoot999,john filmer,Cat,Luton man,Dave the train,Local Hiker, all seem to have disapeared along with Guess the place .

You may be right Grandarog: I had a couple and one member today emailing me asking for Stuart contact email address. All reported getting into a loop when logging on. Problems still out there for some.

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 06:26:43 PM »
I am wondering if a lot of members are still having trouble logging in or have not realised that Stuart has now sorted the problems. John Walker ,Diapasson ,Pete,Stewie,shoot999,john filmer,Cat,Luton man,Dave the train,Local Hiker, all seem to have disapeared along with Guess the place .

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 05:55:46 PM »
I post on here every day -  I add it all to my daily log in `Coronavirus 2020 - at the beginning.

I ventured out to have my flu Jab yesterday & what a performance. The chemist was well known,
a security man at the entrance. We walked in, no signs `flu jab this way ` saw the main queue, 
joined that, six feet apart. I wanted an item, so I went to the counter, waited, waited, waited,
then someone said  `you have to go in that queue `. Back in the queue, in time, we were seen.
at the dispensary counter. I was given a form to fill in, so out of the queue, to fill it in. Back at the
end of the queue.  Ah! I asked for my item, she looked `I will have to order you one`. then later
`I have found one at the back`. Now we wait for a man to come out, of the flu cubical. then we
are in, the pharmacist did my jab, no antiseptic swab on my arm, the jab, a swab, then a plaster.