Leisure, Sport and Entertainment > Pubs and Hotels

Upper Bell Blue Bell Hill

(1/4) > >>

stuartwaters:
I remember a few years ago when the Upper Bell was demolished, it was done without planning consent from Maidstone Council. I did feel that the whole thing smelled a bit fishy and there was an outcry at the time. Especially when the hoarding around the site had notices on it trying to prevent people from taking photos of the demolition works.

castle261:
Memory of the Robin Hood pub- brings back memories. My mate & I were on our way to Margate - I was on a 1934 Triumph motor cycle - my mate on an
Ariel motor bike - Well, along the Arterial Road - my bike caught fire - with flames coming out of the exhaust - while we were wondering what to do -
Two Naval Leitenants stopped in their Morgan car - & asked if they could help - they said after looking at my Triumph - " leave it to cool off, we can give
you a lift to town as are station at Pembroke - They took me to the Robin Hood pub - for a drink, then took me home - I was 17 at he time. Nice of them.

Local Hiker:
Regarding the video at #14:-
"This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

mmitch:
When I was a kid I was told that the Lower Bell had extra horses to pull carriages and wagons up the hill. Maybe the bell signal was to arrange this. They would have to return back down the hill.
mmitch.

smiler:
   I went in here with a mate one evening ordered our beers and stood talking at the bar, the landlord told us to move as this part of the bar was for service only no waiting about as other people may want to be served. He then pointed out double yellow lines that he had painted on the floor. We moved of course but funny thing was we were the only two in the pub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version