Author Topic: Coronation.  (Read 1150 times)

Online grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
Re: Coronation.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 05:08:47 PM »
Tunstall Village had 3 TV's set up by Grensted's in the Village Hall for all to watch the ceremony. Small fete with refreshments and game,s for the kids in the grounds of Col,Webb's Tunstall House in the Afternoon. I remember there wasn't a house or tree in the village that wasn't decorated with bunting or flags. (Not like the very sparse decorations  about 1 house in 12 or so in Upchurch  this time.)
One evening later in the week our Primary school put on a play plagiarising the coronation. Full costume  affair for the cast. As I had a loud voice :) I was given the job of narrator. Stood at the side of the stage dressed as the Herald I had a script on a roll to read from so didn't have to learn my lines like the cast. All the capacity audience gave us a loud ovation at the end .

Offline Lyn L

Re: Coronation.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 04:16:55 PM »
My eldest brother ( 87 yrs ) was in the RM Band for the Queens Coronation.
 His first ceremonial parade. Brand new uniform  which obviously got soaked,  streaks of Blanco all down it and it shrunk !
I messaged him after todays one, to see if he enjoyed watching in comfort  this time.

Bless him, he said he fall asleep just as King Charles arrived at Westminster Abbey and woke up just after he was crowned.

He also was with the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh onboard Royal Yacht Britannia  when they did their tour later .

It was a very proud time for our family.

Online grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
Coronation.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 03:25:41 PM »
Coronation Day 6 June 2023.
     Today we have Crowned  a new King Charles III and Queen Camilla. Long may they Reign.

"GOD SAVE THE KING"